What is SCHOOL COURT TV?
SCHOOL COURT TV is a youth development program that seeks to empower youth to grow and develop their leadership, public speaking, writing, researching, presentation and communication skills, while also educating the general public about law and good citizenry.
Through extensive mentoring, our student participants will become student attorneys - they will be assigned a case, will organize a defense or prosecution argument (under the close guidance of our professional attorney mentors), and will present their argument in a court room, while being taped for television.
The original concept was that the program would simply be televised mock trials, but the program has grown into so much more - SCHOOL COURT TV is a youth empowerment program, where all participants will learn the value of dedication and hard work, the ability to be fearless, and the meaning of true self-confidence.
School Court seeks to foster the love of learning in each individual student. Our "curriculum" skillfully weaves artistic, logical, and practical discipline into everyday academics, as well as in life. Students learn to follow their curiosity, to think creatively, be positively aggressive, take control, and finally execution of training, as well as to work both independently and cooperatively with others.
We celebrate diversity and strive to instill integrity, compassion, and confidence in each child. We give each child support and encouragement to become his or her own unique self. To search within themselves, hence providing an education that will hopefully keep them away from the bad side of the law and from or outside of the bars, since they will now understand the consequences that could follow.
DETAILED PROGRAM INFORMATION
LETS FACE IT:
The survival, growth, success in our future as individuals as well as the future of our country strongly depends on the next generation or our children. We need to be afraid, in fact very afraid, if we do not prepared them for what's ahead. The world has changed and continues to changes rapidly. We need to build thinkers and build them now.
Make no mistake other countries are in fact building their future leaders. We need thinkers / future leaders not just as our president of the United States, but leaders in every industry, so we can once more become the leader in economic growth and development.
- ©School Court. students tackle academic curriculum in ways that are engaging, meaningful, and adaptable to a variety of learning styles and fun utilizing logic an law.
We're prepared to have your child experience true life, real world everyday challenges faced by both adults and teenagers around the globe, and experiences that we hope, will never become a reality for them.
Is a local, weekly television reality show.
- ©School Court.is a weekly television reality show (STRICTLY FOR ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES ONLY); it will be aired state-by-state on local television stations. Each airing will be done at a local state level with the hope of airing nationally as national syndication as well as International syndication within one year commencing in the state of Maryland.
- Participating Schools: Will include grades three (3) through twelve (12), as well as colleges and universities.
- Setting: Court room type atmosphere
- Goal: To allow participating students to become the best and the brightest, building tomorrows thinkers today, our future leaders, by expanding their minds with hundreds of "what if..." scenarios i.e. creative thoughts and ideas. Students will then execute those thoughts and ideas to build defensive strategies, defending their defendant's and plaintiff's cause.
Candidates will be given a case in the same manner as if they were being served with a summons.
(No different than if a case has been filed within the court system)
Each student will now have the challenge to come up with ideas to defend their plaintiffs and/or defendants.
Some cases will include: (requested by citizens)
- . New potential cases that have not gone to trial (pre-trial) to search/seek out what if scenarios
- . Fictitious scenarios
- · Frivolous cases
- · Actual cases that have gone cold
- · Cases where citizens do not have the financial resources to defend and/or appeal
- · Landlord responsibility for lead paint when lead also comes from city water, toys, and jewelry
- · Asphalt coating on parking lots as a contamination
- · Registration of property as a rental unit until repairs are completed even when you will NOT be residing at property
- · Port of entry freight charges commencing arrival date, before completion of check in and/or
- · Parking vehicles in your private property without current vehicle license plates or no license
- · Cell phone companies: removal of new, unused sim card when purchasing new phone, overcharge battery cost and possible development of cancer
- · Baltimore Harbor Tunnel and Fort McHenry policies on fees and transponder terminology to
- · Citibank refusal or acceptance of on-line payment more than (4) four times per month
- · City police officers not being employees of the city, but the state when law suits are present
even when the mayor hires and fires the city police chief.
- · Citizen's 4th Amendment / Constitutional rights being ignored by elected officials
(case # 24-C-08-0002096) Judge Evelyn Omega Cannon ruling in the circuit court of Baltimore City
- · Why are cigarettes and alcohol legal and other drugs are illegal?
- · Cyber Bullying. The search. Tracking the sender.
- · School Bullying
- The increase of city property taxes, although there is a demise in property value
- Landlord tenant eviction issues. Landlord complains about tenant needing to be served two times, once by the Sheriff and also by certified mail.
- Accruing water bills from city of Baltimore's vacant properties costing property owners over $400.00 per year
- City of Baltimore law suit to Wells Fargo finance, saying Wells Fargo forecloses on properties creating a blight and demising communities/neighborhood, when the city themselves do the same by foreclosing on properties for a $30.00 water bill.
- Tenant dispute with landlord saying landlord did not return security deposit while landlord claims tenant signed a earnest deposit agreement
- Term contract / agreement extension from a (3) three agreement to a (12) year agreement signing under seal.
i.e. A concept that will broaden student's minds and personal performance by increasing their communication, preparation, presentation, impromptu thinking and debate skills in front of a live audience. All of which will increase their strategic skills and broadening of their minds by becoming faster and better thinkers, by inference, building Cyborg Cybernetic Intelligence knowing their opponents thought process and next move before it happens, all while educating themselves and humoring the public.
This concept will also educate both students and everyday citizens by becoming more acquainted with the law. The idea of researching, putting together the entire case, and now defending will no doubt enhance students' abilities to think for themselves while also conducting themselves professionally in controlled professional environment from an early age. All of which will allow students to get ready for real world, real life situations by always having a
PLAN A, B, AND C.
Middle school students will be getting ready for High school, High school students will be getting ready for College and College students will be getting ready for Universities/Grad schools or the job market. By participating in our program, they will become the best and the brightest.
- ©School Court / MENTORING
Cases will be sent in by citizens or by the director/producer and/or by our creative team of six (6) and will be given to schools no less than one (1) month prior to airing. Each school will choose students that will represent their school, as Plaintiffs and as a Plaintiff's attorney as well as Defendants and a Defense attorney. The program includes participants being trained/mentored by actual attorneys or paralegals who have tried these actual cases or will defend the new upcoming case in an effort to promote or defend their professional practice.
Students, who are chosen to be counsel / co-counsel /attorneys or plaintiff / plaintiffs or defendants / defendants to represent their school, will be chosen by that very school they attend by their teachers, counselors and/or principal. (School Choice)
Defendants or Plaintiffs will also be chosen by school.
Members of the jury will consist of (12) twelve students a split of (6) six from each participating schools subsequent trial class.
1. PAST CASE:
On past cases, students will prepare by going back to actual evidence that was presented at trial (research any evidence that was not presented or missed at the actual trial), all in an effort to see if the outcome could or would have been different by providing new evidence or existing evidence that was not presented all of which may possibly lead to presentation of this new evidence to the proper authorities.
2. CASES THAT HAVE GONE COLD:
Cases that have gold cold by investigators for any reason - their possibly could have been not enough evidence, a person or weapon could not have been located, or there could have been not enough evidence to prosecute or go to trial.
3. FICTITIOUS CASE:
Fictitious cases may and will be used in some situations for all schools. In this case students will be given a topic to be researched and defended. All court room rules will apply.
i.e. Students in middle school may be asked to defend the "Big Bad Wolf". The plaintiff will be the 3 little piggies and the defense will have to defend the "Big Bad Wolf". Each student will have to build their case by becoming creative.
In our every day life there are many fake law suits being filed in an attempt to cheat and get financial compensation for something that did not happen.(Insurance companies pay out millions yearly is just one example)
5. UP-COMING CASE:
In future up-coming cases, consumers and their attorneys may wish to do a mock trial in an effort to present or get ready for the actual trial. Students will then participate in assisting consumers. In some cases consumers may not have the financial capabilities to defend their case, therefore allowing students to assist in the collection of evidence.
6. IN-ABILITY TO FILE A CLAIM / SUE OR APPEAL:
Everyday citizens are faced with issues that they either cannot financially afford to defend or appeal.©School Court.will attempt to choose some of these cases in an effort to see what would have been the outcome if went to trial.This scenario can possible bring some closure to some of our clients as well as empowering others to filed theirs. In the appeal side my case is a perfect example see (Motivation to Launch ©School Court) The appeal is a must if I care about fellow Americans. BUT what if I do not have the funds to appeal?
- JUDGE / JUDGES / MAGISTRATE:
A judge will be provided by the director of the program whose past experience will either be a person with court room experience, an actual trial attorney, or retired judge all who might have experience on the actual subject or case or past cases.
Viewers will be allowed to text messages, a guilty or not guilty verdict using a text number or code provided on screen. Texting by viewers will ultimately be tabulated and be used by the judge and or the members of the jury to render or decide a final verdict as well as to decide which schools with the highest votes will qualify for a National Championship square-off. Judges, however, can override the text votes sent by viewers only if specific evidence was not used or failed to be presented. In this case, judges must then explain his decision for not using viewers or jury request, decision or verdict.
- CALL IN VOTING BY TEXTING:
Call in voting by texting done by consumers / viewers will be used primarily to tabulate consumer voting to determine the two best schools. The two best schools with the highest amount of votes by texting will be headed to the National Championship at the end of each quarter
A guilty verdict will result in simulation as such, and simulated consequences will follow based on the ruling utilizing actual consequences by law as if cases were actually being tried.
Taping settings will be a television studio or a setting design by director or filming director.
TAPING PRODUCTION AND AIRING WILL INCLUDE:
1. Getting prepared / rehearsal and preparation of each school and students behind the scenes taping
5. And all required necessary work needed to complete project and being ready for airing.
6. Actual airing of show
Creator/Inventor believes that School Court will tremendous enhance or give students a better understanding of direct consequences from breaking the law, as well as giving citizens better protection against criminals, elected officials, community associations and other governmental agencies or for that reason the reason to reason. School Court will also arm consumers to have additional protection in terms of lowering cost of litigation since students will be performing some research that will lower cost.
©School Court.concept will broaden student's minds and personal performances by increasing their communication, preparation, presentation and debate skills in front a live audience. Students will also increase their deliverance of a presentation, strategic, planning and execution while broadening their minds to become faster thinkers while also increasing their research abilities by doing actual case studies and putting it together. All of the above will allow students to conduct themselves in a professional manner; a controlled environment from an early age will only progress each and every student.
Inventor/Producer hopes that School Court will also assist everyday citizens who do not have the financial resources to afford litigation.
©School Court.will allow students to get ready for real world activities. Students from middle school will be getting ready for High school with better than average communication skills, high school students will enter college with stronger minds, being better equipped for any special or major challenges that comes into play, and college students will be getting ready for universities or the job market by now being the best and the brightness. Let's face it, there is nothing better than a person that can communicate strongly with better than average debate and communication skills with the burning passion to succeed.
©School Court will particularly focus on:Â increasing mind power, communication, debate skills and the ability to perform and communicate in front of a live audience.
Most employers say that this is of the utmost importance. Common sense tells us that knowledge is power and if utilized this creation is assure to increase better performance from an early childhood. Students increasing accountability is also an expectancy of this program; the abilities to take charge and take ownership will be learned and assumed by each participant.
Television shows will be divided into (3) three categories
1. Local Television (By State)
2. National Syndication
3. International Syndication
Citizens wanting to promote/sponsor students or a school can do so by donating to ©School Court.
©School Court.will be televised live in most cases and in some other instances will be televised prerecorded.
Each week the Judge or jury will decide the winning student / counselor based on evidence presented, facts of the case in combination with the law of our land.
- JUDGING OR TEXTING BY VIEWERS WILL DETERMINE:
The BEST presentation, articulation, preparation and facts presented related to his or her case for national championship by schools and grades.
- QUARTERLY CHAMPIONSHIP / SCHOOL SQUARE OFF:
Each quarter the schools with the most texting votes will be asked back to compete for a championship. These schools might have not been a winner at the first trial, but were voted by the public for best performances, articulation, deliverance and research of a case.
- Deviation in programming and/or school court rules and guidelines:
©School Court rules, regulation and guidelines are firm and non-negotiable. However, ©School Court reserves the right to make necessary changes. If there is an occasion or if the occasion arises then changes must be approved in writing.
- Internet Posting / Texting Fees:
Individuals / Citizens / Viewers wishing to vote for their favorite school or favorite person will pay a one time per text fee per vote in the amount of .99 cents. Voters can vote up to a maximum of (10) ten times. Viewers can also post
or vote on line for FREE by utilizing our contact form
- Cost to Television Advertisers/Visionary's:
The actual cost for anyone, any business to advertise, etc has not yet been determined. Supply on demand will determine cost of advertising space, cost to purchase air time, as well as operational cost will also demand or change advertising rates. Advertising rates will be determined at later date.
- Knowledge / Privacy Rights:
Statistics show that when there is accountability and pre-education everyone prospers.
A service like ©School Court.will result in increase sharpness, readiness, accountability, education in law, consequences if law is not followed for each participating students while building a better future for our country in every aspect. There is no doubt.
In cases where privacy laws may apply, ©School Court.will search out releases or an agreement to proceed. Most already tried cases are now public information therefore, everyone has access to case history e.t.c. Students will submit written approval from parents and guardian to participate.
- Time allocation for filming:
Each show will take approximately (2) two weeks to (1) one month to produce a final on-air product. However, the actual allotted time for the airing / television show ranges from a half hour to a one hour show.
- Rights of ownership to videos, production and ownership to show:
Schools, contestants, principals, teachers, students and everyone/anyone who participated in the filming or taping of ©School Court.understands that the rights to the entire show belongs to ©School Court. L.L.C.
Schools, contestants, principals, teachers, students and everyone/anyone who participated in the filming or taping of ©School Court.understands that the rights to re-run or re-airing of shows is the sole discretion of ©School Court L.L.C and does not need any authorization from any parents, guardian or school and does not need and will not pay any fees (to include royalties fees).
- Re runs or re-airing of shows:
Roles play of those involved can include, but are not limited to, a plaintiff, a defendant, attorneys for both sides, witnesses, jurors, bailiff, clerk, reporters, and the judge.
- Winning School/Judges final decision:
Each week there will be a winning school chosen by either the public, judge or members of the jury. Judges can override a jury or call / text in voters decision for deciding the winning student attorney or national championship square-off competitors
APPEAL: Students attorneys can appeal any of the cases, however only (1) case will be chosen by executive producer and/or head judge appointed by executive producer for re-trial/appeal.
To learn more, please visit our office or give us a call! 410-800-3385